Skills Required For Hotel Management
HOTEL MANAGEMENT involves Planning, Administration and Management of Human
Resources, Financial Resources, and Strategies, Planning, Monitoring and Control of Operations in various Departments of Hospitality related industry sectors – like Hotels and Restaurants,
Guest Houses, Specialized Food Parlors and Outlets, Bakery and Confectionery firms, MNC Cafeterias, Airline Catering, Cruise Ship Catering, etc.
As Hospitality sector is based on the “Customer” as the “Focal Point” of cardinal importance, a wide gamut of professional skills are required in order to generate a powerful impact in the mind of the Clients / Guests in a Hotel.
As a paradigm, it can be Guest Management, Communications, Business etiquette in Hotels,
Food and Beverage Services, Kitchen Management , Accommodation Operations, Hotel Accounting, Financial management., Strategic Planning, Technical Operations, ,etc .
Types Of Skills Required
These Skillscan be grouped as Primary and Secondary Skill-sets.
The PRIMARY essential and cardinal skills required are :
- Communication – both Verbal and Non-verbal
- Coordination – Inter-departmental and Intra-departmental
- Inventory and Stocks Management
- Client Data and Records Management
- Problem solving abilities
- Emotional Intelligence
- Patience and Fortitude
- Positive Attitude – with other Hotel staff as well as Guests
- Service Quality & Professionalism in Guest Interactions
The SECONDARY and important skills required are :
- Stress Management
- Time Management
- Financial Management – Accounting & Budgeting & MIS 4. Resource Utilization – Planning , Control & Optimization
5. Empathy – Look from the Customer’s viewpoint !
The aforesaid skills are especially of high importance in the following 5 crucial Departments of a Hotel :
- FRONT OFFICE Operations
- FOOD & BEVERAGE Services Operations
- HOUSEKEEPING Operations
- GENERAL ADMIN Operations – especially pertaining to Staff Liaison, Internal & External Communications, Media & Public Relations , Travel services, Security,
Stocks, Guest Relations and Grievance Resolution Operations
HOTEL MANAGEMENT also includes the subtle nuances of maintaining a “STANDARD OF
EXCELLENCE” – for both “CUSTOMER SATISFACTION” and to conform with the Hotel Star Ratings, etc – in juxtaposition with Managing Time and various Departmental processes efficiently to achieve “CLIENT DELIGHT” !
Hence, having a “CUSTOMER-ORIENTED MINDSET” is of quintessential importance in Hotel Management operations.
5 unique Advantages Of Sai Institutions Hotel Management Skills Training Course
SAI INSTITUTIONS has a dedicated Hotel Management Faculty, with expert Trainers, This ensures that all Hotel Management students grasp the Basic fundamentals and move to higher concepts , thus equipping them with a comprehensive in-depth knowledge in the various Skills required for Hotel Management .
The 5 KEY ASPECTS which makes SAI INSTITUTIONS the Leader for HOTEL MANAGEMENT Educational studies are :
- Educational Campus is in the Heart of Chennai (at Little Mount, Saidapet near T Nagar )
- Very good Scholarship Schemes for SC / ST Candidates
- 100 % Bank Loans are available
- Accredited Degree from Alagappa University and International Diploma from Lincoln University, Malaysia, with International Internships
- World Class Education at Affordable price, by Highly qualified & Experienced faculties
SAI INSTITUTIONS …
Come and Join the Best CRUISE LINE Course related EDUCATIONAL College
in South India, with personal attention, Training and Mentoring to students by
a highly acclaimed Professional Chef , & be a CAPTAIN of your Destiny !!